The team of seasoned litigators at Bantle & Levy has handled more than 35 court trials and arbitrations.
When out-of-court settlements cannot be achieved, the firm litigates its cases aggressively in court or arbitration, which is reflected by our exceptional results. Some representative public decisions include:
- Shannon v. OTC Global Holdings LP, No. 13-cv-6442 (GHW) (S.D.N.Y. Dec. 15, 2014) (successfully defeated summary judgment on behalf of a disabled office worker).
- Schneider v. Depository Trust & Clearing Corp., et al., No.: HUD-L-5096-13 (N.J. Super. Ct. Mar. 28, 2014) (successfully defeated motion to dismiss on behalf a whistleblower).
- Sen v. Fairleigh Dickinson University, No. BER-L-490-10 (N.J. Super. Ct. Feb. 10, 2012) (successfully defeated summary judgment on behalf of a university professor with discrimination and breach of contract claims).
- Confidential Arbitration (2012) (won claimant’s post-hearing verdict for unpaid sales commissions and attorneys fees under New York Labor Law).
- Moskowitz v. Robert Cykiert, M.D., PC, Index No. CV-026489-11/NY (N.Y. Civ. Ct. Sept. 17, 2012) (trial verdict awarding plaintiff fair market value for his professional services under quantum meruit).
- Martin v. National Railroad Passenger Corp. d/b/a AMTRAK, et al., No. 10 Civ. 4199 (CM) (S.D.N.Y. Mar. 9, 2012) (successfully defeated summary judgment on behalf of an African-American transportation worker discriminated against on the basis of her race).
- Mahrer v. Amerindo Investment Advisors, Inc. (N.Y. Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 2004) (granting plaintiff summary judgment for non-payment of separation pay).
- Becker v. Poling Transportation Corp., 356 F.3d 381 (2d Cir. 2004) (affirming jury verdict in favor of plaintiff in personal injury case).
- Masi v. City of New York, 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 19081 (S.D.N.Y. 2003) (denying defendant’s application to stay Monell discovery for plaintiff’s civil rights claims).
- Greene v. Coach, Inc., 218 F. Supp. 2d 404 (S.D.N.Y. 2002) (denying defendant’s motion for summary judgment and to dismiss race discrimination plaintiff’s claim for punitive damages).
- Lane v. Collins & Aikman Floorcoverings, Inc., 89 Fair Empl. Prac. Cas. (BNA) 1470 (S.D.N.Y. 2002) (denying defendants’ Rule 50(b) motion for judgment after trial in sexual orientation discrimination case).
- Lane v. Collins & Aikman Floorcoverings, Inc., 2001 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 17757, 87 Fair Empl. Prac. Cas. (BNA) 449 (S.D.N.Y. 2001) (denying summary judgment to defendants on sexual orientation discriminatory discharge claim).
- Jurgens v. Poling Transportation Corp., 113 F. Supp. 2d 388 (E.D.N.Y. 2000) (denying summary judgment to defendants in personal injury case).
- Pauling v. Secretary of Interior, 160 F.3d 133 (2d Cir. 1998) (vacating summary judgment to defendant in race discrimination case).
Past success in litigation does not guarantee success in any new or future lawsuit. Bantle & Levy LLP does not offer any guarantee of case results. Please read our disclaimer for further information.